Monday, May 19, 2008

I've been gone for a while now.

Why am I running through my neighbors' yards?
When did I even start?
(What prompted me to start?)
I just hate falling asleep alone
But I hate that you think I need you to fall asleep even more
So I'm looking at a diving board
Wondering if they'd hear me hit the water
Or if it's safe to assume I'm safe to take the dive.

Bored stiff but my limbs are fluid
A brand new feeling but I could get used to it
I am weightless, but I am a statue
Wearing a smile to add to my face value.

This is how I sleep now that you're gone.

The forecast calls for clouds tonight
But above my house there's a window for starlight
My town can't see what I see.

Shaken up but still barely moving
This brand new feeling is all that I'm doing
I am weightless, but I am rooted in place
This smile will never leave my face.

And this is how I sleep now that you're gone.

No comments: