Friday, June 30, 2006

Actions and Apologies

I'm sorry I've been so sloppy on the updating lately, but I've been really busy.

Okay so updates.

Check out my new band everyone - Cassela

We'd really appreciate it if you would check us out, spread the word, etc. We're buying an order of shirts and pins, and finishing the recording of our 3 song demo. We're playing shows around RI, MA, and probably CT or something this summer, so be sure to come to one, it would mean a lot to us.

And... as for writing, mostly I've been just rewriting old stuff to either use for this band or my acoustic project, but I can show you some updated songs.

This USED to be "Waltz of the Two Moons," and now it's just called "It Could Be Our Ballroom."

Call it wasting
Wasted days,
when I've been dancing time away
And ignoring the little things like life.
All these reasons
That I can't seem to find
Are the same ones
That have you losing your mind
But I have one little piece of advice...

Strap on your ballroom best
And meet me in the backyard to dance til sunset
We can pretend that we have no stress
To distract us from a way to forget.

This grass isn't a marble floor
And these trees aren't solid oak doors.
These stars aren't chandeliers
But who needs them anyway?
We've got a view like a balcony
And we have an orchestra on CD
I don't know about you
But I say who needs royalty?

Slip out of your favorite dress
Cuz it's getting so hot, we're breaking a sweat
And we can continue inside the house
Where we can tango with a one-two step.

This bedroom, is our ballroom
And these reasons are our humble reception
Onlooking what they wish they had
But we ignore them like we should
Cuz life's too short, and I think we make it far too good.

Strap on your ballroom best
And meet me out back to dance til sunset
We can pretend that we have no stress
To distract us, to distract us...
So slip out your favorite dress
Cuz it's getting so hot, we're breaking a sweat
And we can go inside the house
To our ballroom, to our ballroom.
___________________________________________________________________

I don't think I ever posted this, but I like it now, so... check it out, it's called "What You've Given Me (And It's More Than You Think)"

When you said, "These cigarettes,
They taste like new beginnings."
I had to say "I'm sorry but,
I don't smoke and I like things how they are."
But I was lying, dying, trying
To tell you I want to take a hit
Of what you've got, cuz it might be
The thing that makes me who I'm not.

Chorus:
Whoa-oa, oh, oh oh oh.
This is breathtaking
This is a whole new feeling
This is (hold) me.

When I said, "Take this loose change
Off my hands, cuz I don't like to carry it around."
You said, "Hold onto it tight, kid.
Cuz the next time that you stop to think
You'll realize it's the only thing you've got left of me."
And it hit me
Harder than a bus
Filled up with all this misplaced trust.
So I might just light a cigarette

And I'll say
Chorus.

Breakdown (fingerpicking).
Thank you, dear, for the wonderful life lesson
And everything you had to say.
Because, if it wasn't for you
I wouldn't be the man I am today.
So light me up a cigarette
And throw me your spare change
I don't need it, I don't smoke
But I won't throw it all away (hold).

Chorus.
___________________________________________________________________

And, finally...

Umm... I don't know really. I'm just really excited for college.

No comments: