Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tons of dumb ideas all mixed into one post.

You can't blame me for this strength in weakness
I could never say no, no matter how much I mean it
So I'll dodge all the questions til I find some reason
To address you, and hopefully by then I'll be leaving.
_______________________________________________________________
I'm probably exactly what you think I am
But I'll deny it til I die
A waste of your time or a person that you idolize
I'm never content with the things I have to show for my life.

_______________________________________________________________
Medicate me with doses of divinity
Placebo effect, but miracles happen daily.
You can't explain it but there's no debating
Moment to moment we're all slowly fading away.

__________________________
__________________________
There's a layer of dust on the things in my room
As I enter I breathe and the air suddenly cools.
A glass of water condensates and unknowingly ruins
My wooden bedside table,
wrought with all these excerpts from local newspapers
I've got my face and some friends all pinned up on the walls
Like we've lived stories worth telling or any impact at all
But I hope we did. Oh I hope I did.

____________________________________________
Low droned notes hold and follow the maestro
Waking up to spinning rooms and life starts to slow down
The window has been torn out of the wall.
And the people on the streets aren't moving at all
As she sits up, she can't help but stare to the sky
Colors are amazing, and she feels like she can fly
Surprised, it feels like swimming,
And she's greeted by the souls from the street and they're singing:
"Sun disappear, so I can show off my light
Our souls are releasing and we're painting the sky
You can see it in the buildings that reflect our lives
Finally, beauty is defined."

No comments: